Purpose of Position:
To groom and beautify the grounds and natural forests and trails of the park. To service and maintain the equipment needed for such grooming.
Essential Functions and Duties:
• To keep all mechanical equipment in good working order by repairing and providing preventative maintenance to all equipment including tractors, backhoe, trucks, trailers, chain saws, mowers etc.
• To groom and beautify the grounds by mowing grass, trimming and cutting trees, planting flowers, pulling weeds, mulching flower beds, etc.
• To maintain natural trails by removing and trimming bushes and leveling the walking area.
• Refill brochure racks, clean and stock restrooms.
• Assist Park Manager is daily tasks and projects.
• Tend to the off leash dog park.
• To assist in preparing for special park events by directing traffic, placing signs, etc.
• To keep the parking areas of the park, Trustee office and the fire stations free of snow accumulation by operating snow removal equipment.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality customer service.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Work in different weather conditions with exposure to the elements.
• Learn cleaning, maintenance, and gardening methods, materials and equipment.
• Learn the operation of motorized equipment such as push and riding mowers, string trimmers, edgers and hedge shears.
• Learn proper use of hand tools such as hammers, wrenches, picks, shovels, spades, rakes, loppers, saws or similar tools.
• Learn pond maintenance techniques.
• Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Communicate orally with co-workers and the general public in a one-to-one setting.
• Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
• Use mops, brooms, paint brushes and rollers and work with cleaning fluids, chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, paints, cleaning agents or similar solutions using only normal protective equipment.
• Move heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) short distances (20 feet or less).
• Bend or stoop repeatedly over time.
• Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
Education and Training:
High School diploma or GED equivalent
Heavy equipment training a plus
Physical Demands of the Job:
This job requires the employee be able to walk, lift, carry, push, climb and drive at least 95% of the time. In addition, the employee must be able to work outside in inclement weather.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org