To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this document are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee serves as a grounds laborer for the Parks and Recreation Department, responsible for assisting with all activities, operations and aspects relating to the maintenance of parks and facilities of the Department.
Operates as the support staff of maintenance services for the Parks and Recreation Department including but not limited to:
- Assist in the daily operation, maintenance and upkeep of grounds of the Department.
- Employee operates a variety of hand/gas-operated tools, such as weed eaters, chain saws, riding lawn mowers, shovels, picks, pneumatic tools, and vehicles, including tractors, excavation equipment and trucks.
- Assist the Grounds Laborer II in the daily operation, maintenance and repair of the Watermill Splash Pad.
- Responsible for maintaining grounds by picking up litter and debris, cutting grass, weed eating and general cleanup.
- Responsible for depositing, and packing trash and recycling materials, debris, grass, brush and other refuse into collection vehicles.
- Responsible for checking park properties and facilities for vandalism, broken glass, graffiti, broken amenities and equipment and other potential hazards to the public.
- Thoroughly cleans restrooms, stocks supplies, checks restroom to make sure everything is in working order (sinks, toilets, hand dryer, baby changing stations, etc.).
- Makes minor repairs (plumbing, carpentry, electrical) to park restrooms, shelter houses, picnic tables, and other park structures and facilities.
- Assist Park Staff in maintaining accurate and organized filing systems.
- Keeps records of work completed, using the department’s work order management system.
- Operates a motor vehicle to assist in carrying out the business of the Department.
- Plant trees, shrubs, and flowers as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by Grounds Superintendent or Assistant Director of Park Operations & Development.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in horticulture/landscape management, commercial plumbing or aquatics facility maintenance is preferred.
- Must have and maintain a verifiable Indiana Driver’s License, a demonstrated safe driving record, and must remain insurable through the Town’s insurance carrier.
- Must have general computer knowledge with experience in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have basic knowledge of standard English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and ability to understand information from various sources and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must have a safe work record with good ethics and dependable attendance record.
- Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move, with assistance, more than 80 pounds with the use of Personal Protection Equipment.
- Must be able to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Must be able to work weekends and/or evenings during peak times.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com