Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a 3rd shift Maintenance Technician
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a 3rd shift Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Troubleshooting and repairing facility equipment such as conveyors, stretch wrappers, and carton erectors
- Performing general and preventive maintenance of building, grounds, office, and warehouse equipment that may include cleaning and lubricating machinery
- Assisting with equipment installs, completing work orders, determining / ordering materials and parts needed for repairs, and maintaining clean work areas
- Participating in all plant safety / accident prevention programs and following all safe work practices in order to ensure a safe work environment
- Performing other related duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to develop your career with Healthineers
- You have a strong mechanical and problem-solving aptitude along with good communication skills
- You have a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems in an industrial setting
- You have experience using basic hand and power tools
- You can read and understand blueprints, drawings, sketches, layouts, and equipment manuals
- You are experienced with electrical systems (3 phase 480v) and motor controls
- You have experience with HVAC, plumbing and fire control systems
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 – 8 years of experience in facilities maintenance or equivalent, preferable in a distribution center
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Must be able to work all required overtime with short notice, and be flexible to work other shifts as needed
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders and are able to work from heights up to 45 feet.
- Must be able and willing to operate powered industrial equipment such as: forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts.
- Must be able to work in a refrigerated environment for extended periods of time and occasionally in extreme cold
- Good communications skills
- Good computer skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities. (use your country EEO required language where applicable)
About Siemens Healthineers
At Siemens Healthineers, we want to make healthcare providers succeed in an ever-changing healthcare industry – by helping them deliver better outcomes at lower costs. This purpose drives our focus: to lead the transformation of healthcare together with the ones delivering it.
Being a leading global healthcare company, we at Siemens Healthineers are continuously developing our portfolio, from medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, to adding managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.