The Crisis Intervention/Shelter Assistant facilitates the daily operations and overall structure of the residential component of the shelter within these major components: interaction with the women and children and documentation of such, providing basic needs, safety and security, teamwork and agency responsibilities. Overall, the Advocate’s role is to facilitate a safe, structured, educational environment conducive to facilitating life changes with Residents.
Qualifications for the Position:
Required: Excellent interpersonal skills and needs assessment, proven multi-tasking abilities, Ability to thrive in an emotionally stressful environment while remaining calm, outstanding follow-up skills, Prior experience in a position that needed attention to detail
Preferred but not required:
• Minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in public or social service organization
• Knowledge of domestic violence related issues and philosophy
• Understanding of the effects DV has on survivor’s thoughts and behaviors
• Prior Crisis Intervention experience
• Knowledge of city, state and federal domestic violence service systems, policies and issues
• Outstanding computer skills: data entry and Excel
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Sheltering Wings
Sheltering Wings is a domestic violence shelter in Danville, Indiana, serving Hendricks County and surrounding areas. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a Christ-centered philosophy that focuses on building stable, independent lives.
Our 68-bed shelter facility provides safe emergency housing and additional services for individuals suffering from any form of domestic abuse. Our 24-Hour Crisis Line (317-745-1496) connects victims of both genders and their advocates with help and resources.