· Sunday – Wednesday (32 hours) 3:15p – 11:15p
The Advocates supervise the daily operations and overall structure of the residential component of the shelter within these major components: interaction with the women and children and documentation of such, structure, safety and security, teamwork and agency responsibilities. Overall, the Advocate’s role is to facilitate a safe, structured, educational, and supportive Christ-like environment conducive to facilitating life changes with Residents. Advocates are responsible to uphold both the vision and mission of Sheltering Wings.
Qualifications for the Position:
· Completed courses in social work, psychology, criminal justice or something similar. Or, minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in public or social service organization
· Full commitment and dedication to the missions statement of Sheltering Wings
· Full compliance with Sheltering Wings’ Statement of Faith, signed on application
· Excellent interpersonal skills and needs assessment
· Proven multi-tasking abilities
· Ability to thrive in an emotionally stressful environment while remaining calm
· Outstanding follow-up skills
· Prior experience in a position that needed attention to detail
Preferred but not required:
Knowledge of domestic violence related issues and philosophy
Understanding of the effects DV has on survivor’s thoughts and behaviors
Prior Crisis Intervention experience
Knowledge of city, state and federal domestic violence service systems, policies and issues
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Sheltering Wings
Sheltering Wings is a domestic violence shelter in Danville, Indiana, serving Hendricks County and surrounding areas. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a Christ-centered philosophy that focuses on building stable, independent lives.
Our 68-bed shelter facility provides safe emergency housing and additional services for individuals suffering from any form of domestic abuse. Our 24-Hour Crisis Line (317-745-1496) connects victims of both genders and their advocates with help and resources.