Two Full Time Advocate Positions – Sheltering Wings Center for Women – Danville, Indiana
• Sat/Sun 6:45a.m. – 2:45p.m. M – W 3:15 p.m. – 11:15p.m
• Mon – Friday 3:15 p.m. – 11:15p.m.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Advocates supervise the daily operations and overall structure of the residential component of the shelter within these major components: interaction with the women and children and documentation of such, structure, safety and security, teamwork and agency responsibilities. Overall, the Advocate’s role is to facilitate a safe, structured, educational, and supportive Christ-like environment conducive to facilitating life changes with Residents. Advocates are responsible to uphold both the vision and mission of Sheltering Wings.
Qualifications for the Position:
• Completed courses in social work, psychology, criminal justice or something similar. Or, minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working in public or social service organization
• Full commitment and dedication to the missions statement of Sheltering Wings
• Full compliance with Sheltering Wings’ Statement of Faith, signed on application
• Excellent interpersonal skills and needs assessment
• Proven multi-tasking abilities
• Ability to thrive in an emotionally stressful environment while remaining calm
• Outstanding follow-up skills
• Prior experience in a position that needed attention to detail
Preferred but not required:
• Knowledge of domestic violence related issues and philosophy
• Understanding of the effects DV has on survivor’s thoughts and behaviors
• Prior Crisis Intervention experience
• Knowledge of city, state and federal domestic violence service systems, policies and issues
Please send Resumes and Cover letters to Amy O’Hearn, Operations Manager, at 317.386.5051 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Sheltering Wings
Sheltering Wings Center for Women is a domestic violence shelter in Danville, Indiana, serving Hendricks County and surrounding areas. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a Christ-centered philosophy that focuses on building stable, independent lives.
Our 68-bed shelter facility provides safe emergency housing and additional services for women and children suffering from any form of domestic abuse. Our 24-Hour Crisis Line (317-745-1496) connects victims of both genders and their advocates with help and resources.