The ASM is responsible for the hiring/supervision/retention of residential staff, scheduling, residential staff training, high-level crisis intervention, and facilitation of the policies and procedures. The ASM documents and reports on the daily operations of the residential component of the Shelter within three major components: programmatic (crisis intervention), activities of daily living and supervision (staffing). Overall, the Adult Services Manager role is pivotal in ensuring structure, stability, and a Christ-centered environment that is conducive to facilitating life changes. The ASM is required to uphold both the vision and mission of Sheltering Wings thus setting a strong hands-on leadership example.
1. Full commitment and dedication to the mission’s statement of Sheltering Wings Center for Women
2. Licensed Social Worker (BSW)
3. Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in public or social service organization
4. Minimum of 1-3 years of supervisory experience
5. Excellent interpersonal skills (problem solving, stress management, listening, coaching, time management, decision making and leading)
6. Outstanding organizational skills – the ability to handle multiple #1 priorities at one time
7. Experience in a professional environment-requiring computer, written and oral communication skills
8. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule that could include (for coverage) evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
Preferred but not Required:
1. Master’s Degree in Social Work
2. Knowledge of city, state and federal domestic violence service systems, policies and issues
3. Knowledge of domestic violence related issues and philosophy
4. Understanding of the effects DV has on survivor’s thoughts and behaviors
5. Prior Crisis Intervention experience
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sheltering Wings
Sheltering Wings Center for Women is a domestic violence shelter in Danville, Indiana, serving Hendricks County and surrounding areas. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a Christ-centered philosophy that focuses on building stable, independent lives.
Our 68-bed shelter facility provides safe emergency housing and additional services for women and children suffering from any form of domestic abuse. Our 24-Hour Crisis Line (317-745-1496) connects victims of both genders and their advocates with help and resources.