At Portillo’s, we know the right ingredients to create legends. Combine your talent, skill and drive, with our comprehensive and extensive training, and out comes a highly successful career and business. Whether you’re a student looking for flexible scheduling, Building a career with no experience or costly education required, or anywhere in between, we’ve got the perfect place for you! We’ve been at it since 1963, and are constantly building new restaurants, growing our team from within, and reaching out in our communities. Apply today!
P.S. – Did you know 1 in 3 Americans got their first job experience in a restaurant?
Guest Services Positions
• Cashier – Greets our guests with a smile, quickly and accurately records their order, and takes payment. Inside and outside (Drive-Up) positions available.
• Order Taker – Greets our guests with a smile, quickly and accurately records their order while guests are in the cashier’s line. Teamwork!
• Catering/Take-Out – Takes phone orders, checks online, catering and phone orders for accuracy, accepts payment, Serves alcoholic beverages (Must be 21), and helps our guests plan their special events.
• Expeditor – Checks orders for accuracy, gives out completed orders to guest by calling out numbers with a rhyme. (#29, it’s time to dine!)
• Customer Service Representative – Canvasses our guest dining area to ensure that all are receiving a top-notch Portillo’s experience and maintains a clean and sanitary environment.
• Food Production & Support Staff Positions
• Kitchen Prep – Prepares vegetable, sauces, and other food to our high-quality standards and maintains a clean and sanitary work space.
• Cook – Cooks food to order, such as, Italian Beef, Burgers, Hot Dogs, Fries, and much more. Follows provided recipes and upholds the Portillo’s standard. Ensures proper sanitation practices are in place.
• Dishwasher – Cleans and sanitizes all containers, pots, pans, and utensils and keeps a highly organized work space. Follows proper sanitation procedures.
• Salad Maker – Follows the provided recipes to create eye-catching, fresh, made-to-order salads and maintains a clean work space.
What’s in it for you?
• Excellent training
• Employee referral bonuses
• Flexible Scheduling
• Career Advancement Opportunity
• Free Uniforms
• 50% off meals
Working Full Time? (30+ Hrs. /Wk.)
Added Benefits include…
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation
Did you know that 9/10 Restaurant Managers in the US started their careers in an entry-level position?
Step 1: Administrative Assistant
Step 2: Training Administrator
Step 3: Crew Chief
Step 4: Manager
Step 5: Assistant General Manager
Step 6: General Manager
What You’ll Need (Qualifications & Skills)
• Excellent communication skills and a positive attitude.
• Must have the ability to read, speak, and understand English language in order to communicate with guests, management, and team members.
• Must have friendly, welcoming, and outgoing personality.
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have professional appearance, and smile!
• Must be 16 years of age.
• Must obtain Food Handler’s Certificate if required by location.
• Must work to maintain a clean and sanitary environment.
• Must possess High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must be authorized to work in the US.
• Must have valid, government issued identification.
We’d love it if you sent us your resume through Indeed, and we’ll review your submission promptly. If you’re able to take 5-8 minutes to complete our online application, we’d much appreciate it. Completing our online application is necessary prior to employment with us, so why not be a step ahead?
Complete it here: WWW.JOINALEGEND.COM
About Portillo's Hot Dogs
The first Portillo's hot dog stand known as "The Dog House" opens in 1963 on North Avenue in Villa Park. Owner and founder Dick Portillo invests $1,100 into a 6' x 12' trailer without a bathroom or running water. To get the water he needs, he runs 250 feet of garden hose from a nearby building into the trailer.
After years of requests from fans, Portillo's opens in Chicago at the intersection of Clark and Ontario Streets. Many of the items inside the store are purchased from the original Chicago Stadium, including the original Chicago Blackhawks 1938 Stanley Cup banner.
With several new restaurants planned for the Chicagoland area and beyond, it's a great time to be a Portillo's fan. Under Dick Portillo's continued guidance, we're committed to bringing our quality food and service to new markets around the country.
We expand to Minnesota, opening our 50th location in Woodbury, a suburb of St. Paul. We also open our second Wisconsin location in Greenfield, and added two locations south of Chicago in Champaign, IL, near University of Illinois and Normal, IL, near Illinois State University. We also launched delivery in November, making Portillo's available on demand at most locations nationwide.
In 2000, Portillo's begins shipping food to all 50 states. Residents in states outside of Illinois finally have a way to enjoy Portillo's food without taking a long road trip.
Now, with over 55 locations, Portillo’s has locations in Southern California, Arizona, Florida and our familiar areas in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota…..