The Staff Dentist will provide dental leadership and administrative oversight of dental services. They will provide direct patient care in addition to supervising dental operations and support staff. He/she will be integrally involved in ensuring patient quality of care.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
1. Provide direct patient care and dental services as trained, licensed, and assigned. Assess dental condition and needs of patient using approved patient screening procedures, including medical history review, social history review and dental charting.
2. Obtains complete medical and dental history and physical data on patients.
3. Performs a complete dental exam and assessment.
4. Interprets and integrates data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed.
5. Maintains and reviews patients records, charts and other pertinent information.
6. Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
7. Evaluates tests and examination results.
8. Per licensing guidelines, administers medications and injections.
9. Interviews and advises patients regarding dental maintenance and oral health.
10. Refers patients as appropriate.
11. Manages dental emergencies (during regular schedule hours.)
12. Provides monitoring and continuity of care between clinic visits as required.
13. Remains current in advanced practice changes within area, and where relevant, translates these findings into clinical practice.
14. Maintains patient confidentiality.
15. Complies with all agency policies and procedures concerning corporate compliance including privacy of protected health information.
16. Performs related work as required and other duties as assigned by Clinical Services Manager or Executive Director.
17. Providing medical/dental perspective and leadership in critical incident reviews and other medical practice aspects of risk management.
18. Adheres to the policy standards established by Hope Healthcare Services.
Requirements for the Position:
1. Full commitment and dedication to the mission statement of Hope Healthcare Services
2. Full compliance with Hope Statement of Faith
3. Graduate from a college or university accredited by the American Dental Association with a Doctor of Dentistry degree.
4. Eligible for Dental Licensure in Indiana
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Hope Healthcare Services
Hope Healthcare Services, a Christian ministry providing medical and dental services to individuals and families who do not have medical or dental insurance of any kind, is seeking to add paid staff dental professionals to augment the work of licensed volunteers currently serving. The position will be for one day per week (specific days TBD.) The program will launch at the Avon, IN clinic as soon as the dentist (one day/wk) and the hygienist/assistant (two days/wk) are hired.