Roles and Responsibilities:
The Development & Communications Officer (DCO) is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, corporations, churches and foundations donor gift prospects and donors, specifically for gifts up to $2,500 to support the mission of Hope Healthcare Services (Hope.) S/he is also responsible for maintaining a portfolio of 100 relationships with the expectation of raising significant resources for Hope initiatives with a minimum of 8 face to face visits monthly.
In addition, the DCO will provide strategic insight, create, implement, and evaluate all marketing and communication strategies to build awareness, educate, raise funds and to inform, equip and engage. This includes delivering messaging through a variety of communication channels including marketing pieces, newsletters, social media/website and events. The DCO will also provide oversight of Hope’s website and develop and implement initiatives that increase Hope’s visibility within the surrounding community through events, speaking engagements and training. The DCO is expected to uphold Hope’s vision, mission, and guiding principles.
1. Ensure that the Christ-centered mission and financial integrity statement is upheld in all fundraising decisions and community involvement
2. Work with Executive Director (ED) to develop and implement monthly and annual solicitation strategies
3. Identify and cultivate prospective individuals, grants, foundations, corporations and church donors to increase funding and in an effort to broaden and strengthen donor base on annual basis
4. With the support of the ED, implement development strategies.
5. Develop and execute strategy for identifying and cultivating annual giving prospects
6. Complete visits with donors and prospects on an annual basis, executing all move management stages
7. Support cultivation/stewardship of donors through database analysis, contact with donors and visits as appropriate with emphasis on transitioning existing donors to monthly donors
8. Manage, oversee and implement annual event
1. Under the direction of the ED, develop a comprehensive communication/marketing plan, including measureable objectives, and report on such.
2. Coordinate the development, timing and evaluation of all marketing campaigns and marketing materials.
3. Develop marketing and public relations materials, including brochures/flyers, quarterly newsletters, event materials, training materials, and eBlasts to enhance Hope’s image, increase awareness and promote solicitations, protecting the Hope brand/logo: inform, equip, engage.
4. Create all media communication/press releases as needed. (To be transitioned in house)
5. Maintain and update Hope website.
Maintain Hope’s social media presence.
In coordination with the ED, plan and implement strategy for direct mail appeals, including list management, market segmentation, acquisition, content and evaluation.
1. Initiate contact and build business relationships in the community, ensuring that new corporate donors are developed and strengthened
2. Provide information on contribution options through direct mailings, marketing materials, public speaking and meetings with potential donors
3. Identify and secure donors/sponsors and cost effective supply sources for special events
4. Engage civic organizations through financial and in-kind giving, volunteering and speaking engagements
1. Recruit, coordinate/develop, promote and execute plans for church partnerships
2. Cultivate and oversee church partnerships through financial and in-kind giving, volunteering, prayer support and speaking engagements (in coordination with ED)
3. Develop and promote monthly prayer support
4. Develop/update church marketing materials
1. Work cooperatively with other employees to ensure Christ centered mission is sustained
2. Work cooperatively with the volunteers as needed/required
3. Promote a cooperative team spirit within the organization and among internal and external Hope staff, volunteers, agencies, donors and clients
4. Thrive in a highly collaborative environment while also possessing the ability to work well independently with minimal supervision
5. Maintain a clean and uncluttered work space/office.
1. Provide timely and accurate reports/acknowledgements to/regarding donors
2. Complete all assigned tasks within allotted deadlines
3. Network with other organizations and service providers as needed/requested
4. Attend all meetings, classes or training requested by ED
5. Adhere to Hope requirements as written in the Employee Handbook
6. Honor the Hope’s Statement of Faith
7. Complete any other tasks as requested to fulfill Hope’ mission
Direct Supervision of Position(s): None
Requirements for the Position:
1. Full commitment and dedication to the mission statement of Hope Healthcare Services
2. Full compliance with Hope Statement of Faith
3. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Non-Profit/Fundraising or Business
4. Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience working in direct fundraising, with 3 years minimum direct communication experience working professionally managing all social and multi-media platforms, content writing and overseeing web management.
6. Outstanding oral and written communication skills
7. Proven Networking Skills and Relationship Building
8. Excellent interpersonal skills
9. Strong in creative, planning, organizational and administrative skills
10. Proven experience in a professional environment requiring excellent software technology application skills
11. Ability to work flexible hours and events can and will include some evenings and weekends
Preferred but not required:
1. Donor Relationship in Marion and Hendricks County
2. Prior fundraising for non-for profit healthcare clinic
3. Experience working with Bloomerang database platform
Note: This job description will change as needed to fulfill the mission of Hope Healthcare. The person assigned to this position will be notified. This description serves as a high level overview of the above position. Other duties will be assigned as business needs arise.
For an application, please email Executive Director John Mollaun at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is February 14, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Hope Healthcare Services
Hope Healthcare Services, a Christian ministry providing medical and dental services to individuals and families who do not have medical or dental insurance of any kind, is seeking to add a full-time Development and Communication Officer to work alongside the Executive Director.