HENDRICKS COUNTY SENIOR SERVICES, INC.
A. POSITION TITLE
Personal Services Attendant
B. PRIMARY FUNCTION
Provides professional and compassionate attendant care to older adults so they can remain independent and live in the home of their choice.
C. QUALIFICATIONS/ REQUIREMENTS
1. Educational – High school diploma preferred. CNA or similar training is
1. Experience – Past experience as caregiver and/or experience working with older adults
2. Personal – Neat and clean in appearance, organized, friendly, possess positive attitude, sensitive to clients needs and preferences, empathetic to older adults, ability to respond appropriately to unforeseen situations or emergencies
3. Other – Dependable transportation, automobile insurance
460 IAC 1.2-6-3 General Requirements for Direct Care Staff
Authority: IC 12-8-8-4; IC 12-9-2-3; IC 12-10.5-2-2; P.L.37-2005, SECTION 6
Affected: IC 12-10-1; IC 12-10-10; IC 12-10-11.5
Sec. 3. As follows, staff providing direct care for HCBS providers must:
(1) Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
(2) Be competent to provide services according to the individual’s plan of care.
(3) Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate.
(4) Submit a copy of a current negative TB test or negative chest x-ray that is completed annually.
(5) Possess a current, valid state-issued driver’s license if the employee will be transporting an individual.
(6) Provide proof of current insurance on the vehicle used to transport an individual that meets current Indiana requirements.
D. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
1. Provide supervision and walk along assistance as needed to ensure client’s safety;
2. Provide companionship and assistance with tasks of daily living (which may include assisting Attendant Care clients with bathing and dressing)
3. Provide medication reminders; accompany client to medical appointments, grocery shopping, and local errands as directed by client;
4. Provide meals and snacks as directed by client or their caregiver;
5. Provide light housekeeping if assigned, to include:
Mopping, sweeping and vacuuming floors;
Disinfecting kitchen surfaces and cleaning dishes;
Disinfecting and cleaning bathroom surfaces;
Dusting furniture and décor;
Gathering and removing trash from home;
Clean, dry and fold laundry; and
Change bed linens;
6. Be punctual, never leaving client unattended if instructed by family caregiver;
7. Complete and return required paperwork on time;
8. Accept and process donations/payments according to procedure;
9. Notify supervisor of any emergency situation;
10. Attend required team meetings;
11. Attend at required continuing education trainings;
12. Follow any special directives from caregivers;
13. Maintain CPR certification; and
14. Must receive, review, understand and agree to follow the policies of Hendricks
County Senior Services as detailed in the agency’s employee handbook.
E. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS
1. Responsibility – Responsible to In-Home Services Coordinator
2. Coordinative relationship – Works with staff from all components so that services are delivered efficiently.
F. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach overhead, and climb stairs.
Must have normal hearing, with the aid of corrective devices, as needed (i.e. hearing aid).
Must have normal vision, with the aid of corrective devices, as needed (i.e. glasses or contacts).
Must have the ability to lift up to 15 lbs.
Must have the ability to tolerate exposure to dust, cleaning chemicals and/or fumes.
Must have the ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force.
G. COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
Must have the ability to evaluate and determine proper action in situations that may pose a safety risk.
Must have the ability to effectively communicate, including:
1. Strong oral and written communication skills;
2. Knowledge of English language; and
3. Ability to effectively communicate required action to clients in situations that pose a safety risk.
Must have the ability to comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations and agency policies.
Must possess strong organizational skills.
Must have the ability to analyze and solve problems.
The Attendant’s hours of work and work schedule vary. The position requires standing and walking for extended periods. While providing housekeeping tasks, the attendant will need to bend, crouch, kneel, stoop, reach overhead, push, and pull. Occasionally the position may require lifting 10-15 pounds and climbing stairs. The position may also require exposure to varied temperatures, close quarters, and varied light levels. The position requires frequent interaction with older adults. The position may require exposure to animals.
The physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read the job description and understand the qualifications and responsibilities of this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com