Summary: The Depot Associate in Special Projects is responsible for providing necessary support for special projects. This position is expected to expedite the flow of materials through the rework process in all areas of the Repair Depot. The Depot Associate will perform a variety of tasks throughout the day moving from one station to another to keep the department moving and productive. Production duties include manual lifting, taping, packaging, labeling, kitting, ordering, assembly, inspections, and sorting.
- Provide necessary support for special projects under the guidance of Projects Supervisor.
- Understand details of the project(s) and seek clarification(s) if necessary.
- Prepare units in accordance with written work instructions, Rework Project Request Proposal (RPRP), Special Project
- Rework Proposal (SPRP), and Product Conversion Specification (PCS).
- Inspect repaired/reworked units prior to packaging, looking for defects, missing parts, and cosmetic issues.
- Isolate defective units and record issues accordingly.
- Package units utilizing various forms of packaging, tape, and boxes per specific instructions.
- Ensure packaging is professional, damage free and meets Quality Control (QC) guidelines.
- Print required labels per specific instructions.
- Apply required labels per written work instructions.
- Perform data entry functions using SAP or other software.
- Sort and palletize/re-palletize units per specific instructions.
- Verify material deliveries to ensure correct parts and quantities.
- Monitor packaging materials and supply levels, requesting replenishment as needed.
- Operate all equipment in a safe manner, in accordance with company standards.
- Perform daily equipment inspections and report and document all findings in an accurate and timely manner.
- Work in a fast paced environment while meeting established productivity and accuracy standards.
- Comply with all safety rules, prioritizing safety of self and others at all times.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months previous experience in a warehouse or related industry.
- Must have previous experience using a computer, scanner, and keyboard to enter data in the computer system.
- Must be able to read and comprehend internal documents and written work instructions.
- Must have interpersonal skills to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work flow with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work with numbers while retaining and verifying part numbers, counting, and performing addition, subtraction, and multiplication.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface with the customer on all levels of the organization with a positive, professional, customer-focused approach.
- Must have a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem solving and decision making.
Physical, Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 49 lbs. frequently, unassisted.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Must be able to work in an environment with fluctuating high and low temperatures.
- Must be able to work in an environment with moderate to loud noises.
- Must be able to see and read small, fine print.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, and bend constantly.
- Must be able to perform low frequency repetitive tasks.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Bell Techlogix
Bell Techlogix understands to successfully empower business users in today’s digital climate you require a partner who is driving the business with operational excellence, innovation and automation. Through hands-on collaboration, data-driven decisions and uncompromising speed you need to move as fast as your customers and faster than your competitors. In the age of 24X7X Always operations and digital disruption, Bell Techlogix enables you to embrace the digital generation and rapidly respond to a transforming environment.