Distribution Center Supervisor – Outbound Operations – 3rd Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The job activity is both project based and administrative, requiring regular and continuous interaction with Industrial Sales Management and Marketing resources in North America.
- Manage approximately up to 60 associates within a 500,000+ square foot warehouse
- Utilize and/or train associates on how to use a warehouse management system to ensure receiving and shipping procedures are followed to maintain inventory accuracy
- Coordinate, plan and lead all distribution activities to ensure that products are received and shipped with quality to meet all established on-time requirements.
- Trains, coaches and develops Leads and Associates on their job duties for maximum performance and professional growth
- Sets, manages and evaluates Leads and Associates performance expectations
- Participates and responsible for making decisions including: interviewing, selecting, hiring and terminating Associates
- Ensure compliance for Safety, SG Policies, rules and procedures including housekeeping, safety meetings/training, incident reporting and investigations
- Manages and establishes working relationships
Duties/Responsibilities % of Time
50% – Leading Others
15% – Projects
10% – Continuous Improvement
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s Degree preferred – Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Logistics or equivalent related experience
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years of supervisory experience OR an Associate’s degree and at least four (4) years of supervisory experience OR High School Diploma/GED and at least six (6) years of supervisory experience.
- HS Diploma and/or equivalent required
- Computer knowledge and ability to operate computer is required – Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Develops and uses collaborative relationships to accomplish work goal; develops individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas and appreciating others’ efforts
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment while focusing on the completion of operational goals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to analyze detail including Root Cause Analysis and provide solutions
- Demonstrate ability to consistently deliver products within and/or exceeding requirements
- Demonstrated ability to lead associates to attain higher levels of performance
This position requires:
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs consistently, up to 50 lbs occasionally, stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work without air conditioning
- Capability of meeting attendance requirements
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment or willingness to learn
The above declarations are not intended to be all-inclusive of this position’s duties, responsibilities and requirements to do this job. They are intended only to describe its general nature.
Apply online at: https://www.saint-gobain-experience.com/en/career-opportunities
Apply in person from 9am – 11am & 1pm – 3pm, Monday – Friday at: 1001 Perry Rd., Plainfield, IN
Saint-Gobain Abrasives is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, minority/female/disability/covered veteran, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
About Saint-Gobain Abrasives
Saint-Gobain Abrasives is the world's largest Building Materials Company as well as a global leader in the production of high-performance materials. The Plainfield, IN distribution center supplies customers with sand paper, sanding belts, grinding belts, floor polishing pads, and much more.
The company has been certified as a Top Employer for its exceptional employee offerings and commitment to employee excellence, development and engagement. Only the world's leading employers become certified as Top Employers. With the addition of our recent Top Employer North America Certification, Saint-Gobain is now certified as a Top Employer in 21 countries. With 2015 sales of $44 billion, Saint-Gobain operates in 66 countries and has approximately 170,000 employees worldwide, all of whom are part of Saint-Gobain's culture of nurturing and developing talent throughout all levels of the organization.
In North America, Saint-Gobain had sales of approximately $5.7 billion and employed approximately 14,000 people in 2015. The company has approximately 130 manufacturing plants throughout the United States and Canada. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Malvern, Pennsylvania), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, Massachusetts), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, Ohio), Saint-Gobain ADFORS (Grand Island, New York) and Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Solon, Ohio).