Summary: The Repair Technician position is responsible for the advanced troubleshooting and repair or refurbishment on a wide variety of printer, scanner, associated computer peripheral and imaging products in support of the Repair Depot.
Essential Functions: This position is vital to providing a full repair level skillset to work on our client’s electronic products. Our expectation is that when not troubleshooting a unit or performing other refurbishment activities additional repair area functions will be performed.
- Inspect a unit’s inner and outer housing to determine repairable or non-repairable damage.
- Read and follow written technical service procedures to determine unit performance.
- Perform complex repair on units.
- Inspect and accurately determine test prints or images.
- Perform firmware upgrades.
- Perform final testing to confirm repair results.
- Access and use diagnostic programs.
- Perform data entry tasks using SAP.
- Perform assigned work while maintaining efficiency, yield, and quality standards.
- Accurately maintain electronic and paper records.
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Electrical, electronic, mechanical, or computer training is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months of repair work experience or 12 months of work experience in a high volume production environment, preferably with electrical, electronic, or mechanical functions. (Documented formal technical training may be substituted in lieu of work experience.)
- Solid product knowledge and the ability to perform full repair on at least one (1) product family is preferred.
- Ability to read technical service procedures and follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to work independently and with others on a team.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn electrical and mechanical skills.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate product knowledge on a variety of products.
- Attention to detail and quality orientation.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Solid customer service skills.
Physical, Mental Requirements and Work Environment:
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 49 lbs. frequently unassisted.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. infrequently.
- Must be able to see and read small, fine print.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, and bend occasionally.
- Must be able to use small hand tools.
- Frequent exposure to fumes.
- Performance of low frequency repetitive task.
- Must be able to work in an environment with moderate to loud noises.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About Bell Techlogix
Bell Techlogix understands to successfully empower business users in today’s digital climate you require a partner who is driving the business with operational excellence, innovation and automation. Through hands-on collaboration, data-driven decisions and uncompromising speed you need to move as fast as your customers and faster than your competitors. In the age of 24X7X Always operations and digital disruption, Bell Techlogix enables you to embrace the digital generation and rapidly respond to a transforming environment.